AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

9670 and trimble FMX
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

LattFarm
Posted 9/8/2009 01:35 (#838973 - in reply to #838423)
Subject: RE: 9670 and trimble FMX

ND
You can't yield monitor, but you can autosteer reasonably if the combine has all the factory autosteer parts (I think all 70 series do). We aren't using a FMX but an Insight and it was less expensive to have AgLeader to modify our impact sensor that we had from our 9610 (AgLeader yield monitor-can't use JD's sensors) and send us a install kit and order a wiring kit from Trimble for one of our existing NAV II controllers to do auto-steer and yield monitoring than to buy a 2600 and unlock all of the features in a used 9760. I think it cost roughly $1500 for the kit to get our NAV II to be set up in the combine. You might be better with the 2600 since you want to yield monitor though. I think that our dealer was around $10,000 for the screen, globe, and all unlocks to do everything. If you like your Trimble products I would get a quote from agleader on their yield monitor and an insight since AgLeader uses Trimble gps products. I would think that the Deere route would be cheaper, but you never know untill you price them out.

Good Luck

Edited by LattFarm 9/8/2009 01:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)