AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Not meant as an insult to Mac users, just funny
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Chris
Posted 8/31/2009 10:01 (#830869)
Subject: Not meant as an insult to Mac users, just funny

East central Iowa

I was at a store looking at computers while my wife was looking for something else.

I stopped by a Mac and was looking at it just for fun.  The salesman about ran over and said how nice they were and how easy to use.  I said, "but I have all Microsoft PC software and it won't work on a Mac."

He told me they's sold a lot of Mac's to people that had difficulty running PC's.  He said PC's are so difficult to learn and the Mac is really easy, just prefect for those who don't know how to run a computer AND he assured me that all my PC software now runs on a Mac!

I said, "it just runs?" He said, "well you just install XP using Apple Boot Camp or you install Parallels and then install XP. 

I asked if XP came with the Mac and he said no, you have to purchase it or use your copy from you old computer.

Ok, at this point I'm laughing because the people I know who can't move a file or install Adobe reader are never going to be able to install XP or get their programs transferred over.  Then too you can't purchase XP anymore at WalMart or anywhere most people go and if the program came with the comptuer it isn't going to be transferable to any other computer.

Nothing against Mac's but if people are buying them with the thought that they are a cure all for not learning how to use a mouse or install something as simple as click on it, they are going to be sadly disappointed.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)