AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GREEN STAR Need help with adaptive curve
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

sfi
Posted 8/29/2009 00:29 (#828424)
Subject: GREEN STAR Need help with adaptive curve

Oregon

When working a field in a round and round style today I was using adaptive curve.  The system can't make the corners which doesn't surprise me really but it doesn't "try" hard enough.  When I take over steering to complete the corner it has only turned the front wheels maybe 50% of full.  Is there someplace in the setup where I can make this more aggressive?  Is this affected by the implement turning radius setting?  Sensitivity?  Offsets measurements?

7520 MFWD integrated steering, starfire itc, SF1, 2600, 16' heavy harrow & 19' roller, 15.5' track spacing, 20' overall width, lowered turn radius from 20' to 10'.  Sensitivity 80 to 70.

Can I change how fussy it is about trees?  Seems like my Trimble ez steer in the other tractor keeps right on ticking when the JD looses everything.  It's very easy to change these settings on the Trimble.  What's more, the JD sometimes will make a sudden correction, or shift of like 18" or 24" (this is in straight track) while the Trimble seems to remain accurate without doing this.  I have lots of small fields (5 to 60 acres) most with trees (100' plus Doug Fir etc.) around one or more sides.

Note: I don't understand everything I know 'bout this stuff so speak very slowly :)

Edited by sfi 8/30/2009 00:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)