AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD combine guidance
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

kmk
Posted 8/27/2009 22:03 (#827061)
Subject: JD combine guidance

West Central IL
Last year I had EZ Steer in my 9560 for cutting beans but my wife didn't like it because she kept pinching her fingers once in awhile and the motor blocked some of her view of watching the cutterbar.Traded for a 9570,sold the EZ Steer and got SF1 with just the plain old brown box for the guidance and I'm not going to record or map with it.Also didn't realize that this would switch the yield monitor from the Command Center back up to the brown box,so today I get it out and go to start entering farms and fields and in the setup page the farms aren't changeable and fields you can only enter a number.I call the AMS guy at the dealer and he comes out and plays with it and finds the same issue.He calls Greenstar tech and they tell him that on a 70 series you have to have Apex and do the farms and fields on your computer,put them on the card then put the card in the display.I don't want all this hassle just to do guidance for cutting beans so my wife can concentrate on watching the cutterbar and not steering.He calls them back and asks if the new 1800 display coming out will let you enter farms and fields on the display and they say yes but it won't record or map.Anybody know how much of what I've been told is true or false?Ya I know it's a lot of money for guidance just to cut 1000 acres of beans but the wife is an excellent operator and I'd like to keep her stress level down as much as possible cutting beans,she loves shelling corn as long as it's standing good.

Edited by kmk 8/27/2009 22:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)