AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2008 computrak 350
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/28/2009 06:44 (#827425 - in reply to #827045)
Subject: RE: 2008 computrak 350

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
rbrfrm - 8/27/2009 20:56

does the harness out of the back detach or is non detachable like the older 250's?

Don't know but I suspect it is non-detachable.

My older 250 was non-detachable. I made it detachable by cutting the cable about 2' from the box and installing a 37 Pin AMP pair of connectors that maintains the original wiring pattern. The portion that was cut off becomes an extension cable that stays in my 8120 year around. I routed this extension through the cab floor and have the original end permanently mounted on the back of the tractor.

I setup the power/ground connector with a two pole weatherpak connector. This means I can easily remove the 250 during the off season by disconnecting this new 37 Pin connector, the power/ground connector and radar connector. All three of these connectors are easiy accessible.

I did this same procedure for Ron (who posts here) for his 350 last year or the year before. I don't remember what the cost was. Ron basically sent me his 350 with a piece of tape where he wanted the wiring to be cut.

The procedure involves identifying the wires and installing the terminals one by one. I made a chart of which wires go in the various pin locations. Basically there is a sense wire for each row and some common power and ground connections. The wires are fairly small but not impossible to work with. They have various colors and dot patterns on them to identify each wire. This procedure is much easier if you have the tools, supplies, chart and experience in working with these connectors.

Edited by tedbear 8/28/2009 09:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)