AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Netbooks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

mdagron
Posted 8/26/2009 14:44 (#825188 - in reply to #825119)
Subject: Re: Netbooks

NE Kansas
When I bought my portable in January, I thought about going with a Netbook. I did not because I found a HP computer with a 320 GB drive for $650 with tax at Sams Club. It is a wide screen laptop with DVD etc. I love the computer.

However netbooks have really changed since then. My wife is the next person to get a new laptop. She has only bought laptops for home and work since 1991. I talked to her over the weekend and she thinks that she might get a netbook. They are light but small screen. I am building a server for the house. She is hard on hard drives for the portables. She has replace so many hard drives, I cannot even how many. I would get a portable with SSD (solid state drive, no moving parts). I know SSDs have come a long way in the last few months. With a SSD, that will solve the hard drive problem. A netbook would be great on an airplane ride. They are great for web surfing and doing email. I don't think they are quite powerful enough to watch a movie on hulu.com and download 5 blog sites and do excel. It is something to think about.

By the way you need to move all the zip drives to flash drives.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)