AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GPS to Case 7088 combine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KRK
Posted 8/25/2009 08:46 (#823659 - in reply to #822792)
Subject: Re: GPS to Case 7088 combine

1 1/4 mile south of Tedbear
This is what a friend sent me yesterday I hope this helps.
went and took a look at the new 88 series combines GPS harnesses this morning. Things have changed a little- but nothing extraordinary.

There is no 5 pin metripak connector down in the fuse panel area anymore. There is a connector there labeled RS232 connection, but I wouldn’t use it- there is no power at that connector.

There are three ways these combines can be ordered: no GPS, GPS ready, and GPS antenna installed. In any case, there is a 12 pin black female deutsch connector in the RH front corner of the grain tank. If the combine is ordered without GPS, it will have a plug in the connector. If ordered GPS ready, it will have harness 87550514 plugged into it and the open end will be at the antenna mounting plate.

This harness 87550514, is basically a 252/262 antenna harness. It has a male black 12 pin deutsch connector on one end to plug into the existing grain tank harness, and a gray 12 pin connector on the other to plug into the antenna.

My suggestion is this: if going to install any aftermarket antenna, make sure you get or make the 87550514 harness if it is not already on the machine. From there, it connects just like a 252/262 antenna and the Phoenix 50 antenna w/ a GPS adapter for a 7010/8010 work just fine. Just make sure to turn the connection type in the Pro 600 to RS232-A. I tried this setup this morning and it works.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)