AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

information on the griefshare progrram.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Iowajim
Posted 4/11/2024 08:12 (#10702702 - in reply to #10702442)
Subject: RE: information on the griefshare progrram.

NW Iowa
gene_champ - 4/11/2024 03:34

i have been breking down and weeping several times a day. anything can trigger it. very unpredictable. usullu ok in a few minutes.

Romans 12:15

Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.

Gene, what you are experiencing now is about as normal as it gets. Anything can trigger the tears, sometimes there is no real trigger. For the average person it takes three years to feel normal if we even know what normal is. We lost our daughter suddenly 22 years ago. She was the mother of three little girls they were 2-4 and 6 years old. Five months later the daily tears were gone and I thought I was handling it well. Then suddenly out of the blue I blew up at my best friend, something that is highly uncharacteristic of me. He blew up back at me, then he suddenly realized what was going on and grabbed me and hugged me. I bawled like a child , it was awful, but when I woke up the next day I felt a huge relief. My relief valve popped off that day but still it took three years to really feel good again. My wife and I have lived a happy life ever since. Now, fast forward 21 years after our loss and last October our late daughter’s middle daughter got married. That event was another trigger. I had a bad hour or so, then everything was fine and we had a wonderful time.

I don’t mean to take advantage of your loss to tell my story to the world, the reason for the story is to show you what you will hear at a group therapy. Like I said before you will realize you are not alone with your feelings. For you going to a group therapy right now might be a little too tough to handle, maybe you need a month or two to get a grip on things. It’s up to you. Right now maybe a personal visit with a counselor or your clergy who will just sit and listen and is not judgmental would be more fitting. Like what was already mentioned you are doing the right thing by opening up to us. We will listen.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)