AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fat management
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 4/17/2024 05:25 (#10709614 - in reply to #10708141)
Subject: nutrition

Pittsburg, Kansas

Have a retired nurse friend that claims I got him into trouble. Well semi-retired. He took on a gig as a camp nurse to kids with disabilities. 

He has been listening on and off to me about low carb and keto for nearly five years now. Him at retirement age is getting a bit chubby. So he finally decided to try it and is feeling lots better. His health overall is improving because of it.

So being the new camp nurse he realizes what they are feeding these kids at the camp is complete crap. Diabetic kids they are feeding peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as a late night snack before bed. Then the kids wake up in the middle of the night with low blood sugar crash because of their medications to take care of the peanut butter and jelly sandwich blood sugar spike.

So he gets called on the carpet for talking to the food staff about the diet. The head guy also happens to be diabetic. Listens to him explain what was happening and that the food they were feeding the kids was terrible. The guy listens and starts doing low carb himself. He becomes a believer.

So they start to make some changes (for the better for the kids). Now the parents come in complaining. So he gets to explain it to them.

He blames it all on me for getting him started. But kind of thanks me at the same time in his own kind of poking me way.

There is a whole generation of people, including a lot of professionals, that has been sold a line of crap when it comes to nutrition. Like pharma and pills, food is big business. And what is good for big business is not always good for the individual. But good for big food and big pharma. Eat lousy and fix it with pills.

Edited by John Burns 4/17/2024 05:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)