AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More Hoop Barn Stuff
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

NDCat99
Posted 3/26/2024 09:48 (#10680947 - in reply to #10679518)
Subject: RE: More Hoop Barn Stuff

E ND
I'd flip the "hay gate" and have it inside the pen with access on three sides and let you drive along the outside of that fence unless you think it will get too tight to clean out. Build that side out with posts and guardrail you could remove so you can easily add a drive along bunk and curb if you switch to TMR. Also gives you the option to load out manure over the fence, easier to spin around on that concrete and load the spreader than in and out of the gate onto dirt, making a mess and rutting things up outside the barn.

I'm not a fan of gates in the corners, especially at the back of your bedding pack, it will be difficult to access. Wouldn't you rather have the gates closer to the center on each end to come in and out with bedding and manure? I'd hang them both off a post on your centerline where the interior separation is and space it so the opening between the bed back and scrape/feed alley is the same width as your outside gate so it swings from closed to go 90 degrees and lock them in/out of those areas with the same gate. Unless those gates off your scrape alley go to a manure storage area or working area?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)