AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere GPS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cyclones30
Posted 3/5/2024 19:14 (#10653023 - in reply to #10652862)
Subject: RE: John Deere GPS

Midwest

stevehynes - 3/5/2024 17:21 Yes we have all of our recievers except for one that we traded with the sprayer because 408R comes with integrated 7000. We are on a dealer network of which it is located at a neighboring farm. I have the frequency to 3 other towers or networks when I get too far away and I use those to get good signal. I guess the point I'm making or trying to get a answer to is the activation fee should be a onetime fee that is tied to your reciever. Instead this is fee that the purchaser of a new tractor has to pay a activation fee on a new tractor so the processor in display will communicate with reciever. This activation code is unique to the tractor and stays with the tractor. So the purchaser of a used tractor pays no activation fee and all he has to do is connect his reciever on the top and off he goes.

What? I'm even more confused now. 

If you're using a dealer base station network, they likely charge you per receiver on the roof per year or maybe they have a whole farm price since you have a fair amount of 6000s. That has NOTHING to do with what machine it's on unless your dealer is doing something different than most. It could be on an old 4440 tractor or a sprayer or combine, one price per year for that one globe. (or one price per year for your whole fleet of globes

But you're talking about processor in display. The only thing a tractor display needs is AutoTrac activation. Most come with it already in base now. But that would be true that you used to pay for it and then it stays in the machine if you trade/sell later. It should be worth more in that case since it's activated. But like I said, AT is in base and has been for some time. There is nothing that's needed for it to "communicate" with a receiver on the roof. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)