AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven Cruizer to Ag Leader Edge
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/18/2009 07:29 (#815176 - in reply to #814783)
Subject: RE: Raven Cruizer to Ag Leader Edge

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
jribbens - 8/17/2009 20:43

Insight - Ag Leader

NMEA
GGA, VTG
9600, or 19.2K
8-N-1
5 Hz
DE-9F
Requires Ag Leader adapter cable, P/N 4000306-X (DE-9F).

The Edge and Insight are actually very forgiving on some of these settings and others would work also. Use these and you should be just fine.

The Ag Leader devices go through what I refer to as a "mating ritual" on startup. They will try various combinations of settings in an attempt to match up with the GPS being used.

This means that the Ag Leader devices can be used with some of the slower GPS receivers in combines etc. Those receivers would not be suitable for Autoswath applications such as row shutoff or spraying above 10 MPH. If the receiver involved has the capabilities you may just as well use the higher speeds.

I use various combinations of equipment. In my sprayer, the Insight works with a Phoenix receiver at 5 Hz. In one tractor the GPS is an EZ-Guide 500 set to output at 5 Hz. In the combine I have used a low end Garmin that was only capable of 1 Hz. In another tractor the GPS is a Trimble 332 and the GPS is passed to the Insight from the Nav II controller for the Autopilot.

All these combinations work fine as the Insight goes through its mating routine and mates up without any changes on my part.

Edited by tedbear 8/18/2009 07:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)