AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What’s wrong with wheat market.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

coolhand
Posted 2/26/2024 21:07 (#10641300 - in reply to #10641153)
Subject: RE: What’s wrong with wheat market.

SamT - 2/26/2024 19:31

I gave my cattle guys the go ahead to graze all my wheat. It’s a sad day when a guy can graze out irrigated wheat vs cut it. It’s a no brainer on dryland, 60 is about the tipping point on irrigated if you don’t buy hail insurance. If I keep it I’d run more fertilizer, fungicide, more irrigation expense and probably not buy hail so I’d have a lot of exposure vs the cattle. I hope I’d cut 100 irrigated, but I’m going to spend 20 more bu easy to get there. Combine is old and tired anyway!
I just have 65 acres with no water for cows. Will cut it for seed and give the rest to the poor traders in Chicago I guess.

Hopefully cattle stay high and we can make some money this way until wheat rebounds.

Kinda stinks to feel left out when you see combines rolling, but money in the bank is just that. The only way to trim domestic production at this point is to let it go as forage. When the artic blast comes down late in March, that will trim it even more. Price might take notice then.

I’m feeling a bit left out having as few cattle out on grain as I do. I guess the grass is always greener other side.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)