AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How often should you sell if you want to hit the top of the market?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Mr.Grain
Posted 1/27/2024 17:01 (#10596539 - in reply to #10596131)
Subject: RE: Feeling a little spicy

Deltamudd - 1/27/2024 12:20

I’m gonna start off by saying I posted about Intel before earnings the other day and it was a total dud. Well they beat on rev and earnings but guided lower. I’d still say it’s bullish long term. They have their own foundries and make good cpus, pay a dividend and it’s a legacy boomer stock that’s Prbly not going under. Never recommended buying short dated calls. However it has gone down. I was wrong as most people usually are with the market but I stand by the fact that being long on Intel isn’t a retarded play.

Ok. So I acknowledge I’m not perfect.
But is this you?

“Using straight futures or calls? I like the Feb calls that expire after the USDA report, because you can get the 4.90 for less then 8 cents presently “

https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1140763&posts=...)

I guess it’s a subtle difference between saying go long Intel and buy short dated otm corn calls. We were both wrong. However YOU SHILLED 8 cent SHORT DATED OTM CALLS IN A DOWNWARD MARKET ON A COMMODITY IN A HIGH INTEREST RATE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE A CROP REPORT.

Which I suppose people make mistakes but my god that fing gap that had just been made on the corn chart was massive. And gaping. It was a massive gaping gap that would be prbly be filled. And not acknowledging that in your original post to buy calls and even posting a chart that conveniently leaves the gap out well idk man. I’m not a very bright person. Hell, I farm in Greenville Mississippi. But I see two options here. You’re absolutely dog Sh*t at marketing. Or you’re actively shilling bad plays.

I think it’s the latter

So go on and keep trying to fleece the American farmer. You sure sound like a good guy and post lots of “relevant” information and you don’t use bad words like “retarded” So it’s easy reading and gives me Hopium as I watch a good price spiral into the abyss

And here’s that gap that you so conveniently left out

Yes I made the post about corn. If you read whole post it was regarding the seasonal that had worked 16 years in a row prior to this year.

I asked if anyone was doing as the seasonal said and getting long. I said I liked the 4.90 calls for 8 cents because they expired after the report.

Obviously it didn't work. But it was a lot better than going long. It had defined risk being the 8 cent cost

I don't claim to be able to know what the market will do and when it will do it

I agree that on the continuous chart the gap left a big target to go and fill. But I have posted several times of our market having the risk that the front month has a target of the low of the previous lead contract

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)