AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Markets at all time highs rant
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

clicker
Posted 1/22/2024 10:13 (#10587509 - in reply to #10587494)
Subject: RE: Markets at all time highs rant

Southern IA
sloughclub - 1/22/2024 10:03

Does it bother anyone besides me when I get together with the golf buddies and those old guys ( older than me and I’m 66) are all blowing and laughing and carry on about their stock portfolios and how much they’ve made recently and don’t get me wrong I’m plenty happy for them , have a little myself , but Dow at 38000 nasdaq at 15350 and s and p at 4800 and my sons at home putting on 390 dollar strip till blades that in 2019 were a little over a hundred and trying to fix it up to grow 4.50 cent corn doesn’t seem to have anybody that works hard every day near as excited as these old turds that ain’t hit a lick in 20 years , just don’t seem right

just don't tell them how much your net worth went up the last 5 years on your land and the record operating profits you've been making the last few years and all the tax free cash that landed in your accounts with PPP forgiveness. Your poor son struggling with those $390 strip till blades is living better than any farmers have ever lived in history. Your industry just chose to overproduce with all those lucrative profits you were making and now you have to work through that slug of inventory. The fact you can hang out at the golf course at 66 means you are living much better than the normal w-2 grunt who is just getting close to officially retire and not need to punch a clock.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)