AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Disrupting normal hungar signals
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/1/2024 06:30 (#10551686)
Subject: Disrupting normal hungar signals

Pittsburg, Kansas
I have read that food manufacturers actually have taste testers and scientists to formulate foods to make them the most addictive. Well, addictive is not the word they use but that is what it turns out to be. The perfect blend of ingredients and additives so you "can't eat just one" as an old time advertisement used to say about a potato chip. Little did we know at the time that it is that perfect taste that drives us to over consumption and eventually getting fat. One of the main features of a lower carb diet is that by limiting the carbs it puts off limits a lot of those foods and drinks that are designed to make us want more. So we naturally limit our calories because of shifting food consumption to foods that have a better satiety effect (namely animal protein and animal fats). Not as hungry, we don't eat as much.

Here is a good presentation mostly about fructose. Am I against fructose? No. Some fruit now and again is not a problem for most people. It is a treat (or at least used to be when I was a small kid). But in excessive amounts, just like alcohol in excess amounts (in drinks and mostly liquid consumption), can be very bad for our health (and particularly the liver). And it is very addictive.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0dMmL6E07Ww&t=9s

Fructose makes a person hungry. Table sugar is half fructose.

Edited by John Burns 1/1/2024 10:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)