AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Butyrac on soybeans.........?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 8/8/2009 17:26 (#804422 - in reply to #804393)
Subject: Re: Butyrac on soybeans.........?

Brazilton KS

I seldom used Cobra until we developed ALS resistance in pigweed species.  Prior to that, Syncrony was pretty much a one stop shop for broadleaves.  Then I used Cobra without the Syncrony for a couple years.  Cobra is a little weak on cockleburrs, Syncrony is cheap, so went back to Syncrony.  With this, I'm hitting burrs with Cobra and Syncrony, pigweed with Prowl and Cobra, Morningglory with Syncrony and Cobra, grass with Prowl and Select.  I could get along without the DB, but it helps a lot on things which are bigger, due to escapes on burndown or delayed application or whatever. I limit the crop oil to a couple ounces per acre....Select doesn't seem to work well with NIS, but very much COC makes it too hot on the beans.  This is a one-size fits all program.  I've completely eliminated the scouting and judgement call crap from the program. 

What really p-s me off is having the burndown not control the damned resistant volunteer corn!  Flip  side of that is that almost all the neighbors have volunteer in their beans, and we do not :)

I don't spray above 90 degrees, maybe 95 if my ox is really in the ditch.    My sprayer lights get used a lot some years...this year has not been bad, I've probalby only sprayed 50 acres in the dark.  Most years it's more like 90% done in the wee hours. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)