AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

USDA and independent [informa] etc. reports.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

kagen
Posted 8/6/2009 15:07 (#801890)
Subject: USDA and independent [informa] etc. reports.

Panhandle of Ne.
There are several conclusions that a person can come to by listening/reading these reports.

1. My first thought/conclusion when I see any of these reports, is who benefits the most from them? Why do they even guesstimate the early reports before the crop is basically planted? When they do the tours, do they take into consideration the stage the crop is in on the date the tour is made? ie "It looks like at least a basline yield, if it was the first of July instead of the first of Aug" or do they consider the crop made no matter what stage it is in?

2. We continue to "gain" acres even though thousands of acres are lost each year to development. Yes, land has come out of CRP, but most of that land was in the CRP for a reason.

3. Yields continue to look better to the folks doing these reports with far less than ideal growing conditions for most of the corn/bean areas. IMHO for the yields to continue to look better, all the crops were planted on time, timely rains were widespread, GDU's are average to above average.

4. The farmers saying that their crop is far from being average or probably will not make must be mistaken!!

5, Once again, the farmer has shot themself in the foot by overproducing, overplanting and trying to make a living!!

I very much dislike the manipulation!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)