AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Furnace PVC condensate trap
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

povertypoint
Posted 10/11/2023 17:48 (#10436273 - in reply to #10436197)
Subject: RE: Furnace PVC condensate trap

SE SD

AgAcGuy - 10/11/2023 14:49 What did the 1/2” line connect to? I’m in central Texas so take what I say with a grain of salt but it would be my assumption that piece is an acid neutralizer of some sort that treats the acidic condensation and then allows the water to exit via the 1/2” connection into a sanitary drain or outside. Just a wild guess but that’s my story and I’m sticking to it! Caleb Edit: For once my guess was right. Look up ICP part number 612833
Sprunk - 10/8/2023 22:17 I am now wondering if it isn't a "homemade" trap. Looks like a 90° threaded fitting was glued into the 2in PVC. The 1/2 NPT thread of the 90° is what is broken. There was also a styrofoam cork with a lead strip down the center sitting on top of the 90° almost above the waterline, I don't know it's purpose. I might try to knock the 90° out and glue another in its place. If it is a custom made part, it sure is nicely made.
the foam is there if the drain tube plugs, it rises and restricts the draft inducer, hence causing the vacuum switch not to pull in, causing the
furnace not to fire.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)