AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Video recording
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 4/16/2006 10:28 (#5639 - in reply to #5605)
Subject: Re: Video recording

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
I use a "Dish" sat receiver like ED talks about with the on screen program guide built in. It allows you to scroll ahead up to 2-1/2 days and put a "timer" on a future program so the receiver switches to that channel at the correct time/day. Their is no limit to the number of timers you can add,so you could have the thing automatically move to any number of channels.

The DVD recorder with HDD is a low end walmart item made exclusively for them by ILO. That is a story in itself,walmart quit selling them after a few months,as I understand many would not record to the HDD right out of the box. Mine was one of those,but after clicking on" Delete all recordings" and "defrag HDD" everything worked as intended and has continued to work for a year +.Was I lucky,or was that all that was necessary to do to clear some little factory software glitch in all of them ?? As with any new electronic gadget,they now sell a machine with 30% larger HDD with more features for less money,so there should be some good units out there for not much money. For some odd reason the DVD recorder/HDD units were available only online/mail order from Walmart,I have never seen one on the shelf in the local store,only the cheap recorders without HDD.
The one I have,an ILO model DVD RH04 will play back any DVD of any format,but will record only DVD+R/RW format discs. No other machine is needed to play a rented DVD movie. A DVD burned on the ILO recorder would play back in any other machine made to play DVD + R/RW and other formats. I know they work fine in the DVD deck in my computer. The ILO machine also can use the VCR + system to program the timer. The timer also asks if a timer program is to run once,daily, or weekly, so if the program source is available,the unit will record as many shows as it takes to fill the HDD.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)