AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2005 Dodge/cummins
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

57ringo
Posted 7/30/2009 23:54 (#794615 - in reply to #794524)
Subject: Re: 2005 Dodge/cummins

Emporia, ks
I've had my 05 Dodge 3/4 quad cab Diesel for 2 years and have 64K miles on it now. The horn blowing in reverse and the doors locking after you drive a few hundred feet are a pain but the dealer said they can reprogram it so they wont do that. I really like my truck except for the tow-haul mode for the automatic transmission. All the GM trucks I had, when you push the button or whatever, it would not go back in overdrive unless you shifted it. This one will. I asked on one of the forums and they said the 05 was made that way. It's not worth a darn if you're pulling a heavy load in the hills. It keeps shifting into overdrive and then back again. I can drive 75 on the interstate and get 19 MPG but the lie-o-meter says I'm getting about 21.....I think it's a female :) I have a 3805 Superchips programmer that I use once in a while. It give it a LOT more power but unlike I was told, It does NOT get better mileage. I used it with my cruise at 75 MPH on the interstate and the lie-O-meter said I was getting 21.5 and I really got 16.5,
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)