AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Center Pivot irrigation questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Virginia Veg.
Posted 7/30/2009 19:42 (#794200 - in reply to #793570)
Subject: RE: Center Pivot irrigation questions

Eastern VA. No such thing as too many Magnums.
We plant straight rows. I can't imagine planting in a circle inside the first tower or two.

I would fertigate or chemigate if my pivot didn't go "out of bounds" sometimes. End guns shoot in the woods and over property lines sometimes. I don't want my chems on someone else so we don't do it, plus fert is hard on pipe.

I wouldn't have a pivot without an end gun. The end gun often does as much as the last span. We have a booster pump on every pivot. Our spans run 25 psi or less, not enough to effectively run a end gun. Have to have a 2 or 5hp booster pump. If it is setup with the right tip and return angles, it should put out same as main spans. Wind can have an effect though. We have ample pressure in the mainline even with the booster on. Everyone has a different setup depending on water availability. Water here is unlimited. No restrictions yet.

Corner arms are probably 1 in a 250, maybe less. They've come a long way in just the last couple years. I think they will be gaining popularity. I am looking at one of the articulated pivots.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)