AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any one in MI going to start growing CANNABIS?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 7/29/2009 15:44 (#792839 - in reply to #792591)
Subject: Re: Any one in MI going to start growing CANNABIS?

Thumb of Michigan
I have a good friend who was ready to jump through the hoops to become a certified grower. I'm just going from memory from a discussion we had last winter, so forgive me if I get some of the terms wrong.

My friends issue with whoever is the licensing unit was basically a problem in interpretations. My friend wasn't a "caregiver" by whatever the correct description of that was. He is someone who's gotten a tremendous amount of relief from marijuana, and has grown his own for many years. He now has a prescription . He wants to not only legitimize his own plants, but grow the quality of marijuana for others who've gotten prescriptions for it and either don't want to grow it themselves or are having trouble locating the quality (read SAFE) supply they need. I truly believe that he'd like to cover his costs and maybe get a very small profit by growing medical marijuana. Anyway, he has no interest in gaining an official "caregiver" status, and that's where the stalemate was last I knew.

I haven't talked to him recently to see how he's getting along. I know he has been in some spotlights for his very vocal public support for not only medical marijuana but more rational marijuana laws in general. By being so vocal and in the public eye (he's also the local president of NORML) he's drawn some unwelcome scrutiny from law enforcement folks in the past. I do hope that more medical marijuana becomes readily available soon regardless. I believe 100% that its the very best thing to use for some patients, and its medical benefits are well documented.

Edited by pat-michigan 7/29/2009 15:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)