AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

agleader dry spreader control help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/6/2023 09:49 (#10259171 - in reply to #10259076)
Subject: RE: agleader dry spreader control help

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
That explains it. With a spinner or Strip til module where where no sections are allowed, the default configuration does not use nor require a Section 1 switch. It bases ON/OFF permission on the Master Switch. However, since a person can change the switch assignments, it appears that it got switched to "watch" F2 (section switch 1) as well as the Master.

If you were using the Ag Leader 11 switch box, you should have been successful by flipping on the F2 (Sections switch 1). If you are using a Single Toggle switch for the Master, you would have no way to "allow" that switch to be ON.

I came across this in my early days of working with Ag Leader systems. I assumed that with a single section sprayer or other module that only uses a single section that another switch besides the Master would need to be ON. This is not the case UNLESS someone gets into the configuration and changes it.

You are able to go into diagnostics for the Auxiliary Inputswitch diagnostics and view which switches the system believes are physically present and whether they are currently ON or OFF. This is due to the Ag Leader arrangement where the switch detect pin is used. The switch detect pin informs the system that a switch is physically present even when the system is in what we think of as the "off" position. Thus the need for Single Pole Double Throw switches or some trickery with diodes.

Edited by tedbear 6/6/2023 11:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)