AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soil-life....you never answered
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

soil-life
Posted 7/24/2009 08:17 (#786287 - in reply to #786258)
Subject: RE: Soil-life....you never answered

North Central Ohio, across the Corn belt !
Ron..NE ILL..10/48 - 7/24/2009 07:47

Well, my apologies. Right you are. I'm not sure how your email got overlooked, but it's there. Again, my apology for re-asking after you answered.

So, you are saying that wheat breaks the CRW cycle?

Yes Ron, this is what we have found to be true for the Most part. And one of our Representatives from a Monsanto co. ! Along with several others ! have the same opinion concerning corn following Wheat. It is not that we do not plant BT and some VT3 and always following soybeans it is becoming more critical to have the correct hybrid selection for Disease and Insect control.
( Especially Severe Drought years !!! )

We have also observed that a drought can cause excessive CRW feeding regardless of the Hybrid at times and in specific rotations.
Ron,
I think we have Much to learn But so far. Corn following Wheat ! A good conventional Hybrid can return more $$$ to the Farmer when you consider cost of seed as the Only variable.

OSU has some very good research concerning side by side with the same Genetics, isolines ! Traits verses Non that has been discussed in detail on this site !!! Each will have to come to their own conclusion for the individual field, Farm !!!

Edited by soil-life 7/25/2009 14:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)