AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

[PICS]July 23, Canola
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

canadianeh?
Posted 7/24/2009 00:18 (#786118 - in reply to #785304)
Subject: Re: [PICS]July 23, Canola

Saskatchewan, big whitetail country!!!
Looks good. I am hopeful for you and I that frost stays away for a good while. Mine is at the exact same stage. What was your seeding date? I grew some 71-45 RR and a bunch of High Acid Rapessed for Bunge. I am used to growing Invigours, and am regretting it a bit. The varieties I have just don't have the jump! I am very happy nonetheless with 75% of my canola/rapseed. It's just so fartin' late. The other 25% was seeded on a half section of the dirtiest land you could imagine for dandelions. They were so dense it dried out the field to the point where after germination, the seedlings just shut down due to nutrient/moisture issues. This was on new land I bought. Oh well next year... your countryside looks identical to my area, fields interspersed with many bluffs. Where is ethelbert, exactly? What happened in that missed strip? I actually like having the odd plugged run or miss. My kids call them holes, and they love going for walks with me in them. The"holes" make for the best crop scouting available, especially when you get a crop of canola when it is so hard to get through at blooming and beyond...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)