AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Emergency ? on corn fungicide
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

illfarmr
Posted 7/21/2009 19:25 (#783159)
Subject: Emergency ? on corn fungicide

Central Illinois
I know now I should have stayed on top of this, but I didn't, so what do I do now. I had turned in a bunch of fields two weeks ago for fungicide application, and most of those also needed insecticide. I did check the insecticide treated fields because the Japanese beetles were ravaging the silks. At eight this morning, I checked the one field that was supposed to receive just fungicide. It had gray leaf up to the tassel. In fact, maybe some tassels did have it. I immediately called the service company asking for application verification of that field. They replied that they would get right back to me. At three this afternoon, I went in, and they said it would be sprayed first thing tomorrow. They showed me the map to confirm he field (it was wrong) and then I noticed the date at the bottom, July 10th. Then I was p o ed, that was the day I had turned it in, and there it sat.

Now what do we spray? I realize a product like Headline has more preventive product in it, but Quilt has some curative qualities. What would you recommend? I will deal with the salesman and dealer later, I just want to get the right product applied in the morning.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)