AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NAT approved flight tracker?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

YawLes
Posted 2/20/2023 20:55 (#10104465 - in reply to #10098215)
Subject: Flight tracking apps

My son is a long-term flight crew with Delta airlines. He is currently in the right seat of 737's, but March will find him in training for the same seat in Airbus A-330s and doing much more international flying. Thus I have been a frequent user of many flight tracking apps, living vicariously through his journeys around the globe.

All of the flight tracking web-sites and apps are possible since the recent requirement of ADS-B equipment in all aircraft of any type and size, with a few exceptions.

One of my favorites is also FlightAware24. Give the app permission to know your location, then when you see a curiousity in the air, start the app and a map displays with icons for various types of aircraft will populate. Just figure out which aircraft you can see in the sky is which one on the map, then click on that icon. (see screenshot below). The app displays the airline flight#, origin-destination, length of flight and time before arrival. You will also see approximate altitude, ground speed and the make/model of aircraft. Web-site with similar information also available - FlightRadar24.com

Another app that offers historical flight data, also reliant on ADS-B information is "FlightAware". Personally, I find FlightAware easier to use if you know even just the slightest information. You can discover flight tracking using Flight Numbers, Tail Numbers of the aircraft, Routes between two airports, or see all expected Arrivals and Departures (the arrival/departure information sourced from filed flight plans). If you know a flight is in-bound to an airport, but not certain which flight, you can select the airport, and select arrivals to see the list. If you know the tail number of an aircraft, you can call up most of the recent flights, date, time and the departure/destination info. Tracking flights in progress offers maps with bread-crumb trails where the filed flight plan is expected to go, and solid trail line of the actual flight. Web-site with similar information also available - FlightAware.com

There are nearly a dozen other flight tracking apps available for Android

(FlightAware (full).jpg)

(FlightRadar24 (full).jpg)

(Flightradar24-tracking one icon (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments FlightAware (full).jpg (152KB - 81 downloads)
Attachments FlightRadar24 (full).jpg (225KB - 98 downloads)
Attachments Flightradar24-tracking one icon (full).jpg (264KB - 94 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)