AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cat 75D
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Catfan1
Posted 7/17/2009 14:00 (#778923 - in reply to #778905)
Subject: Re: Cat 75D

SE ND
Solid machines. Can you give us a little more info? yr? engine? belt size? Steel drivers or regular? There isnt many trouble areas on these machines, check the guide blocks on the inside of the track and make shure they arent really chewed up on one side compared to the other.. that indicates a tracking problem which isnt hard to solve but if its not taken care of it can start breaking the blocks off. I believe there was a break in the D models where they switched engines, either late 96 or early 97. If its an earlier D model check around the alternator mount i believe on the front of the engine for cracks, also if you get the serial number I would get the history and oil analysis of the machine if at all possible, through your local cat dealer. Make sure the boggie wheels are in good shape, none leaking oil or rubber missing on any. Looking at the hitch will give you a real good idea on how hard it was pulled. Also if you have one bad track no matter if its tread or inner guide blocks you might consider having it repaired at D&S Tires in Nebraska, we've done some of each treads and guide blocks on different tracks and are very happy with them.

Edited by Catfan1 7/17/2009 14:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)