AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Vehicle Insurance incident
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Getinbypd1
Posted 2/2/2023 19:40 (#10075064)
Subject: Vehicle Insurance incident

My newer vehicle was rear ended at a stop sign. The lady’s insurance stated they were responsible 100% for my damages. BUT she had a limit on what her policy would pay . A few thousand short . Went to my insurance ( I have a higher cover policy ) My insurance company asset my vehicle worth 20% LESS than her estimate . Car is totaled. Has more than a few words with the accident rep. at my insurance company 3 things out of this I learned . My insurance uses a book value . Her insurance uses real bid prices .( Pushed 4k. difference.) My insurance rep. agreed to pay ME the higher value if her insurance rep. agreed to pay them that amount of higher estimate . With the snow storms and having two companies scheduling estimates at the body shop the car was sitting there for 10 days. Body shop bill was removing the cover and storage charge Don’t know the final bill there but I heard it’s 125. A day to sit there. My insurance picked that up. Point is check your insurance amount coverage .Assume the other person has the low cost insurance that won’t replace your vehicle cost. There are laws that state you need insurance but not on how much it’s worth. If u haven’t sense it I will probably be looking for a different vehicle insurance company . Easy working with the insurance seller’s but not so much with the parent company reps. Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)