AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

trimble ez 500 radar output
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/23/2023 11:25 (#10054976 - in reply to #10054692)
Subject: RE: trimble ez 500 radar output

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I suggest getting a 9 pin connector and an Amp 4 pin connector, shell and pins and make an adapter as shown above. This will allow you to attach the adapter between the two devices without cutting any wires. Both connectors have numbers stamped in them although they are small.

I discourage the idea of just cutting the AMP end off and splicing wires together. That will destroy the connections for future uses. Wiring patterns could then be lost and cause grief in the future.

His drawing is correct and shows Pin 8 going to Pin 2 - this is the speed signal. He also shows Pin 5 going to Pin 1 - this is the ground which may or may not be needed but doesn't hurt. Also notice the jumper connecting Pin 3 & Pin 4 - this is necessary for some situations since certain monitors will be watching for 12v returning on Pin 4 as a signal that a radar gun is present. The Deere 200 monitor that I had, needed that or it would complain that it did not think that a radar gun was attached. If your monitor doesn't have a pin in location #4, the jumper may not be needed but the jumper would not hurt anything since nothing would be attached to it.

Edited by tedbear 1/23/2023 12:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)