AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ed W. - Ohio land sale
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 7/12/2009 02:22 (#772870)
Subject: Ed W. - Ohio land sale

Ed, or others that have any knowledge. Talk at the local coffee shop this morning was a 6,000 ac farm that sold recently in Ohio for $27.1 million. All laid together except for 600+ acres & over 5,500 acres tillable. Buyer was Midwest Farms LLC from Indiana. Rumor had it that it was Jerry Walker, another rumor was Bill Gates as one of the investors.

Anyone have any knowledge of this sale? Guy that brought it up had an article printed off the internet. Doesn't sound like Walker as recently he has supposedly been backing off these high cash rents & land prices.

Another interesting topic at the coffee shop this morning was a local piece of ground that sold for more than the asking price. Approx 120 acres of ground with part highly floodable riverbottom & the balance secondary bottoms that are very rocky. Poor dirt to say the least. Asking price was $3,100 / ac & supposedly sold for $4,000/ac. I am good friends with the current tenant & he said he was contact by a potential buyer, not sure if the actual buyer, & was asked if he would give $150/ ac cash rent. Immediate response was no. Friend was the one who said he had heard it soold for .

On a side note, my BIL farmed this piece in 1988. Bottoms drowned out & seconday bottoms burnt up.

If true this is the second time I have heard a piece of ground selling for more than the asking price & neither was at auction.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)