AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ezpilot or ontrac3 for case ih 8950 tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/4/2022 08:25 (#9964337 - in reply to #9964127)
Subject: RE: ezpilot or ontrac3 for case ih 8950 tractor

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
CASE3594 - 12/4/2022 01:34

Apparently AgLeader has done away with the Ontrac and the compass display. The Ontrac 3 with the compass, if you can find them used, would be a perfect steering solution for your application. Their current offerings would be the steady steer system and an incommand 800.

This year was our first running Terrastar C pro on a 7500 receiver. It does take an unlock and a subscription but it was flawless all through planting. I would highly recommend it. I had planned on eventually upgrading to Terrastar X that they advertise as sub inch “RTK from the sky”. But after running the C pro I don’t see any need to be more accurate the 1-2” it provides. We’ll really see this coming year as we’re hoping to go back in and do some cultivating in the summer.

My sources tell me that Ag Leader no longer offers the Ontrac (assisted steering) which has a been replaced by their own Steady Steer assisted steering system. The Compass Display is no longer available either but a Guidance Only version on the InCommand 800 takes its place.

The InCommand 800 now comes with an Application Unlock. Without the unlock, the InCommand 800 will work with Ag Leader steering systems such as Steady Steer and SteerCommnad Z2 but will not work with Application modules. It is for those vehicles desiring steering only.

With the Unlock, the InCommand 800 will work with Ag Leader steering systems and will have the application capabilities of the original InCommand 800. Note that these do not include certain planter functions. The InCommand 1200 is necessary for those.

The Application unlock for the InCommand 800 can be purchased at a later date for those who originally thought they would only utilize steering but later decide they want Application capabilities. I assume purchasing the unlock with the original purchase would be somewhat cheaper than purchasing it later.

Concerning GPS choices: Personally I have three Ag Leader GPS 6500s unlocked for Glonnas and TerraStar. I use them as the GPS source for 3 InCommand 1200s. I only purchase a TerraStar C subscription for one of the 6500s and move it around during the year. The other two 6500s are just using WAAS as they are used in situations that don't require the better accuracy.

I just traded in one of the 6500s toward an Ag Leader 7500. The 7500 is unlocked for TerraStar Pro but not RTK. My plan is to use it on the planter tractor, Hagie Sprayer and Combine as their seasons don't overlap. I will purchase a yearly TerraStar Pro subscription for the 7500 but continue to use WAAS on the two remaining 6500s.

Edited by tedbear 12/4/2022 08:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)