AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone ever tow 2 750 bushel wagons in tandem?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

FFJR
Posted 12/18/2022 21:29 (#9991567 - in reply to #9962417)
Subject: RE: Not 750s.....

nc IA
So generally it's myself in the combine, and a 70 year old neighbor in the cart, or my 15 year old in the cart. I will not willingly run without the cart in corn. It's just too slow to stop and dump. We will dump on two sets of wagons, and my semi. Running straight through we can get more done this way. then when I shutdown to haul as I'm the semi driver as well, I can make a 10 mile haul, be mostly dumped when the wagons show up, go back and reload off the cart and return right when the wagons are finishing up, giving me another chance to check the dryer.

Besides efficiency in the field with the combine, I will not willingly take the wagons more then absolutely necessary into the field. Severe compaction is avoidable using the cart. On 1/2 mile rounds, I like being empty after one round, which with a 800 bu cart will not be full, but right near the wagons/semi for faster times to get unloading, letting him run the field length empty to catch back up and being heaviest when he has the shortest distance to travel. These wagons with the cement truck tires on them....will turn the field into cement loaded. there is NO floation / surface area at 85 psi. Did it when I had too one year to finish after a breakdown..... and could see the tracks for the next year or two.

Wagons vs semi... that's another debate. But for me, at the moment, I'm the only one of the 3 of us that can / will run the semi. Neighbor refuses, but will pull wagons, and son is too young.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)