AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Getting started with precision ag
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

neo_ag
Posted 11/22/2022 17:32 (#9944996 - in reply to #9944150)
Subject: RE: Getting started with precision ag

northeast ohio
I will agree with those that say a good dealer is important. However, I am also in the camp of you can do a significant portion of this yourself. Especially if you can dedicate a little time each week reading manuals and exploring threads such as those on this forum. Identify the areas that you believe have high return potential such as section control, yield monitoring, downforce, etc.. Determine what components are needed and if they are compatible across older to newer displays. Your choice of display size, accuracy and steering systems are highly dependent on your personal goals. Go ride with someone experienced if there is an opportunity to do so. User and cabling guides have been our best friend.

Note that I only know Trimble components because used has been readily available due to their extended history in the PA market. Feel free to sort through my postings for additional comments on tne new to precision topic. I think this only goes back 12 months even though there are posts further back. https://talk.newagtalk.com/search/query.asp?fid=6&action=search&sear...

Edited by neo_ag 11/22/2022 17:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)