AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grocery delivery into small towns
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Thud
Posted 9/27/2022 18:48 (#9863719 - in reply to #9851604)
Subject: RE: Grocery delivery into small towns

Near-north Ontario, French River
I'm rural but just barely, the grocery store is a 2 minute drive away... a lil story. When covid first hit the grocery stores were limiting the number of people allowed in a time... this lead to long line ups. To help with this most of the grocers went to online booking with curb side pickup. There were still line ups but with curb side pickup I could order ahead and simple drive up and get my stuff. Often times I would notice that the line never moved while I was there... so nice right? Well the biggest issue I had was when I ordered meats , fruits, veggies...I was often disappointed to find bruised fruit or maybe steaks that were thinner than I like.. not a deal breaker by any means but had I waited in line at least I'd have been able to be a little choosier with my selections. This is where I would hesitate to use a delivery service , even if I had to drive 30 minutes or more to a store. A service may save me $20 a week in gas, and 2 hrs of my time, but if I'm not happy with the selected items I suspect I would quickly cancel my service and make the drive myself.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)