AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lost Password for CamHi App for IOS phone
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/13/2022 16:07 (#9842767)
Subject: Lost Password for CamHi App for IOS phone

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I purchased two wireless cameras from Larsen Lights a few years ago. The app that was recommended is called CamHi. The way I use them is with what I believe is called a Soft Access Point. This means that the camera and phone/tablet communicate back/forth with each other directly.

The advantage is that no internet service is needed. The disadvantage is the two must be reasonably close to operate. I have them both working with my iPhone 6. This year I replaced the iPhone 6 with a refurbished iPhone 8 as my main phone. I moved the SIM card so I can now talk on the iPhone 8. I can't talk on the iPhone 6 without the SIM card but it still works with the camera, music, internet etc. This means I can leave the old iPhone 6 in the combine on a somewhat permanent basis to act as a rear view camera. I will have the iPhone 8 along also in case I need to talk to someone. The two will act independently.

OK, great, I'll have them both in the combine and that should work well. A problem arose, the battery died in the iPhone6 and will no longer hold a charge.

Next chapter in the story. GF had an iPhone 6 also. A couple of weeks ago, the case on hers literally opened up although it still works fine.

So I repeated the process and got her a refurbished iPhone 8 also. Like mine I moved the SIM card to the newer phone so that she could talk on her newer iPhone 8. At that point in time we had two iPhone 8's with SIM cards so each will handle voice. One is hers and one is mine.

This means that I now also have the two old iPhone 6s for other purposes. One with a good case, no SIM card but bad battery. One with a bad case, no SIM but good battery. I would like to use the iPhone 6 with the bad case but good battery in the combine. A piece of 3M electrical tape will hold that one together.

I installed the CamHI app in the bad case iPhone 6. That went fine. The next step was to "mate" it with each camera. I cannot get the app to accept the suggested password. It replies with Wrong Password. I may have changed the suggested password, I didn't think so but I cannot get the app to accept the generic password of 01234567. There is a screen in the app that allows me to change the password. I may have done this but I doubt it. To change the password, I must enter the old password and then a new one twice. The app indicates that the various passwords that I try are incorrect. I've tried about every password I thought I ever used with no luck. I even tried making a backup of the iPhone6 with the working version to iTunes and then tried to restore that backup to the other iPhone 6. This was not successful.

Any ideas? I thought about trying a different app but I believe I may have changed the password so another app may not work either.

Edited by tedbear 9/13/2022 16:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)