AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bayer Enlist Beans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Moose333
Posted 8/17/2022 15:53 (#9801506 - in reply to #9801473)
Subject: RE: Bayer Enlist Beans

NW Wisconsin
Lookingglass - 8/17/2022 15:15

We have waterhemp breaking mildly in just about every post situation. We went early on the Enlist fields and with all the rain some waterhemp got going before canopy. The fields we sprayed Liberty on were further along but that hindered coverage, and some have grown back. We did some with Ultrablazer and the results are similar. To be honest we skimped on the pre emerge because the last couple years we didn't get enough rain to get it going so you had a ton of money in pre and still had to come back post.

Regarding Bayer offerings I don't think you will see much available commercially for 2023. From what I have heard they will have a lot of product in south America this winter but that will likely go mostly to seed production. To me this appears to be a knee jerk reaction that is risky if their E3 products don't perform with the competition. Extend is just not a realistic approach for post spraying in most areas.

Products like metribuzin and reflex or even valor dont need very much rain to activate the key is getting them out early... and you have to spray beans twice anyway pre post call it a day... you can go out with very economical pres too. figure this year with liberty where its at 20$+ an acre you can run prefix and another pint of dual on top of that or 6 oz of metribuzin for less than 20$. goes a long ways pre not so much post.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)