AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Autel Evo Lost and Found
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

ihmanky
Posted 8/11/2022 12:26 (#9791622 - in reply to #9782928)
Subject: RE: Autel Evo Lost and Found

KY

That's pretty amazing for sure.  Not the same as 14 months out in the weather, but within about 6 weeks of my DJI phantom 4 pro being brand spanking new a few years ago, I was buzzing along about 3 feet off the ground at 40+ MPH, my pea brain thought the field was flat when it indeed had an elevation change, apparently greater than 3' in a pretty short distance (at 40 MPH anyway).  Instead of being at a side angle, I was more behind, which made it nearly impossible to see at 100 yards away that the distance between the drone and the ground was becoming less... At any rate, how I figured that out was when it suddenly went about 10 feet in the air, but and over end, as the landing gear contacted the ground it acted like a spring and tossed that thing right up, it bounced probably 3 or 4 times before rolling to a stop about 20 or so feet further away.  Took awhile to dig the dirt and grass out from around the camera and the motor vent holes and any other crevice the thing has, and since there's been some little tiny piece of plastic deep inside somewhere that you can hear rattling around if you turn it over in your hands, but I snapped new blades on the thing after cleaning it up and it's never missed a beat.  I've since been much more cautious, did get closer to a tree and snagged the outermost limb hard enough to tumble about 18 feet to the ground on its dome, no damage from that either.  Thing still has a little bit of green stain I can't get off of it from some of the grass from the high speed impact, but I guess that's a battle scar along with some of the bug blood that has stained it. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)