AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drones and spraying?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

iknow
Posted 10/29/2022 21:00 (#9907494 - in reply to #9776724)
Subject: RE: Drones and spraying?

i have some questions with spraying with drones.....at first thought, this sounded like an answer to prayers....spray when you want, doesn't matter if it's wet in the field, etc, plus not having to spend half the day hauling water........

but......

I was wanting to do a couple of things.......first, spray the pastures with tordon.....it is what I would consider a "soil applied" herbicide..
how does that work with the low water volume ? usually 30 gallons or more per acre......

The same applies to pre-plant herbicides for milo (lexar) and pre's on soybeans.......again, looking at usually more water.

Then the next question....is the system automatic ? ie, remembers where it stopped, and when it comes back for more spray and a new battery, does it know where it stopped, and knows how to keep spraying ?

if these things could be overcome, it would be a blessing.......I've seen the big drone advertised for less than $15,000....a far cry from JD sprayers. while the JD could cover more acres, for my 1,000 acres total of crop and pasture, while it would be busy, it could be done, spraying done timely and far cheaper perhaps, we are looking at over $8 per acre to spray anymore, plus having to use their high priced chemicals.

Thanks

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)