AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Autopilot won't disengage after upgrade.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Andycode
Posted 6/26/2009 18:05 (#757998 - in reply to #757620)
Subject: RE: Autopilot won't disengage after upgrade.

Went out to machine this afternoon. Checked all settings, downloaded vehicle profile and compared it to the backup I made prior to installing V5 in the autopilot. Settings were identical. Checked settings in ez500 all were the same, position rate was at 5HZ. Couldn't find any problems in the settings.

Took machine out on a gravel road and created an A-B line. drove line at 5 mph, vehicle stayed online and disengaged with a light touch. Turned around and drove back on A-B line this time at 7 MPH. Vehicle found the line and held the line, again disengaged at the slightest touch. Repeated procedure again this time at 10 MPH, again with the same results. I was unable to dulicate the concern, yet customer stated that in order to disengage the system he would have turn the steering wheel at least one full turn. Concern happened in the evening and then again the following morning, and was getting worse.

My suspiscion is that the autopilot switch was probably left on (no power when key turned off) and there's a voltage drop when the engine starts. Suggested that he turn the autopilot on after starting the engine. Voltage reported by 500 with out engine running was 10.0 with engine 13.

At this point I'd have to say it's a power issue and not firmware.
Thanks to those who responed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)