AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More Combine questions, Lexions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

pudding
Posted 6/25/2009 08:58 (#756577 - in reply to #756515)
Subject: Re: More Combine questions, Lexions

Somewhereville, Earth
right on the money 9700!! i work from a room in the corner of a claas dealership here, and see a lot of claas combines, and every now and then I help the mechanics with winter servicing, when quiet and really like the experience,

if the 575R is like the CLAAS lexion 570 terra trac, you are right, they punch harder then the class 7 cousins, they are popular here, because they have the capacity of the 580 a wider combine, but keeps the width down, I think they drive them down the roads here with not pilot vehicle. the salesman here likes the 570. buy the way that classing system for combines really is kinda primitive

i agree with the drivers comment, the salesman here is sometimes more a 'tummy rubber', sells the machines in the winter, and spends his whole summer helping guys with non claas machines, he walks talks and breathes combine harvesters of every colour, !!! He spends time just talking to guys with claas machines, seems to take a couple seasons here to get a driver to truely understand a lexion but then again some machines only do 250hours a season here, we used to do double that per 2388 when working in kentucky in a season, but hey I wonder how many tonne I harvested, per machine hour, and labour hour??! the claas is a impressive machine, can achieve huge outputs with impressive samples, and minimal losses, more done with less hours, with the right operator, and conditions. I still like red machines too, but to me they are two different machines, built in two different areas, and harvest the same products.

fill ya boots
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)