AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Weekly Corn Market Update and informal crop observations
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

qrmllc
Posted 6/25/2022 08:04 (#9720197)
Subject: Weekly Corn Market Update and informal crop observations

Fort Collins, CO
Here's the link to this week's update:

https://www.quartziteriskmanagement.com/weekly-corn-market-update/06...

As always, I look forward to your questions and comments.

I've been working from my folks' Christmas tree farm in Wisconsin all week because I'm reading at my cousin's wedding this weekend. I drove out with the wife and kiddos from Colorado over the long weekend last weekend. We camped along the way, and I visited with clients. We mostly got the I-80 tour, but we had a lot of non-interstate time in Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin while visiting clients. The hail damage and rolled pivots in Nebraska were heartbreaking to see - my heart goes out to all of you in that area. Once we got past that on our way east, things started to improve. There was some standing water from recent rains in Iowa, but things mainly looked good. Illinois looked amazing. I met a client there on the side of a field, and I could barely see him walking from the sprayer to the road on June 20th! Wisconsin looked pretty good too. The clients I met with seemed pretty happy with the conditions and their stands. Most were starting to look for a spot of rain, but it appears that it is coming today.

I hope you're having a good growing season, and I'll let you know if we see anything different on our way back to CO tomorrow. Stay well.

Thanks,
James
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)