AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking at purchasing Air Seeder
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Green Acres Guy
Posted 6/23/2022 21:43 (#9718419 - in reply to #9717761)
Subject: RE: Looking at purchasing Air Seeder

Latimer, Iowa (north central)
We have a tow between 2013 Deere 1910/1890 40' 7.5 inch spacing. Seeder does an awesome job and like being able to put down fertilizer with the seed. Narrow spacing is more to maintain but i think it pays for weed control and yield. The 1910 cart holds 350 bu and has scales on each tank. 150 bu and 200 bu. Tow between is easy to change meters and work on units, hoses, clear plugs and weight distribution. The 1890 has (all run) blockage monitors on each row. We pull with a Case 340 mfwd or a 380 mwfd rowtrak. They pull it easily. If I had my choice, and halfway looking, we would have a 50' because tractors pull a 40' too easily. If your tractors are mfwd and weighted they would pull a 30' with tow between cart, especially if not filling fertilizer tank all the way up. Could always run a PTO pump for fan if had to.

I think it is pretty hard to beat a Deere 1910/1890 combo. They have been making pretty much same thing for 20 years for a reason. I had to buy one 300 miles from home to get the right deal but been very happy. Drove a 340 out one day and back in 2 days. Would suggest getting a rear facing camera working on the cart so can watch traffic if do this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)