AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Amp questions on electric fence
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

rpc
Posted 6/11/2022 08:40 (#9700268)
Subject: Amp questions on electric fence

I have been chasing fence issues with a kencove fault finder for a couple of days and not making much headway. This is a 20 year old fence mostly one strand for dairy cows with lots of cracked wrap arounds . Ive had a fault finder for most of this time usually just testing voltage, never understood the amps. I've read some of the threads on here about checking amps and have found a broken off post laying in the weeds and a wrap around that had one staple that was probably through the insulator, and an undergound cable that we no longer use . I fixed these three things and still have the same voltage at the far corner of the fence. So I'm getting 1.5 kv at the end of the fence, the charger is putting out 13 with no load. We have a bigger charger from another fence to try, probably do that today. The charger that is on it is just a parmak, not sure of joules, but this is only 40 acres. So when checking amps is there a certain draw or number that you are looking for or does it depend on size of charger ? Do you check voltage then determine whether you need to go chasing amps ? Thanks Ron
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)