AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Genesis Tillage, Smart-Till ??????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

NoTill1825
Posted 6/19/2009 07:40 (#750343 - in reply to #750286)
Subject: RE: Genesis Tillage, Smart-Till ??????

NC Indiana
We went w/ the Smart-Till over the Gen-Till. We didn't like the 1 piece tine (all 3 tines as one solid piece) bc if you break one, then it's done. We liked the ease of adjustment on the Smart-Till vs Gen-Till (specificly the harrow). We liked the Smart-Till harrow vs the pipe one Gen-Till tried to get us to buy. We also liked dealing w/ the Smart-Till dealer better than the Gen-Till salesman that didn't follow up w/ us after talking w/ the owner at the Louisville Farm Machinery Show. And I found a 5000 ac, fold up used Gen-Till earlier this yr and all the bearings were out in the rollers and 40% of the tines were broke off which didn't impress me much.

According to Jim M, who post here from time to time, Smart-Till is suppose to be coming out w/ an updated unit and my dealer told me there is a 30' demo unit running around the country that he is suppose to get sometime later this yr. You can cover a lot of ground at 8 mph. Jim M is the patent holder for the Smart-Till tine and worked w/ the Gen-Till owner on his original design, but Jim claims the Gen-Till tine has had some angles changed and the metal in the tine had to be changed to get around his patent. So take that for what it's worth.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)