AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

tips on 20/20 for White 6000 planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

WebsterFarmer
Posted 5/15/2022 11:57 (#9661363 - in reply to #9660567)
Subject: RE: tips on 20/20 for White 6000 planter

Webster County Iowa
Ran a White planter when I first got my 20/20. We ran the different size plates on the 20/20 test stand also just to get some reference. You will learn a lot with the 20/20! Along with the wavevisions I would recommend getting the remote air adjuster so you can do it on the move. You will find by tweaking it up or down and adjusting your speed you definitely find a sweet spot. I almost always ended up running the small seed discs for corn also for everything up to 60-61 lbs believe it or not. I ran the special flat plates also sometimes, they were hit or miss. I believe that some of the refuge corn that's blended is not to spec on size, weight and shape sometimes and that can cause havoc with the flat plates because rounds will not work at all! All said and done I would expect around 98% sigulation with a lot of tweaking. In comparison I now run Esets on a deere planter and I am always above 99.5% and I dont do a thing! Seed size and weight really doesnt matter to me anymore compared to how picky I used to get before. White has a very good and simple meter and by paying attention it does do a great job!

Another thing I did was to always run talc, it seemed to help things out for what its worth.

Edited by WebsterFarmer 5/15/2022 12:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)