AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 1770 NT CCS, one row planting light?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jim1_ks
Posted 5/15/2022 11:31 (#9661338 - in reply to #9660504)
Subject: RE: JD 1770 NT CCS, one row planting light?

South Central Kansas, Harper County
I did few things this morning to the row that is in question. I emptied the min hopper and removed seed plate hoping to find a piece of paper from when opening up a seed sack, but none was found. Everything looked fine inside the meter. I did have a couple of new seals at my shed that I picked up and installed in the lid and inside around the meter lock. Even put a little graphite on seed plate, put plate back in, and filled mini hopper back up with seed, even added a little extra talc. Checked vaccuum on meter(hand test) and the amount of suction on hose appeared to be the same as several others.
Its a little sticky in field still, as we had .40" of rain Friday night, and this is notil with some residue, but thought Id try planting just to see if rate had improved on that one meter. Nope, still reading 26-28K when it should be running closer to 38K. I dug down to check some seed spacing, and it appears to be planting right in the area where it should, think it was 3 seeds in a 16" line, pretty evenly spaced, should be right at that 38K mark.
It still seems as if it is just an old wave vision seed tube sensor decided not to read properly. Although, as stated earlier, when I swapped with a good one that was working, the low population stayed with the old row, and didnt travel with the seed tube. Only thing I havent done is as somone suggested, move the whole meter assembly to another row and see what happens. Ive done that in the past, but have had some difficulty in getting the drive cable to release either at the row command clutch of the drive end. But, as it is still to sticky to plant, I may give it try.
Thanks for the replies!
Jim
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)