AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

WAAS Change
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/8/2022 07:14 (#9651834 - in reply to #9651266)
Subject: Thanks - it is simple enough and appears to work

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Mmaxed - 5/7/2022 17:17

https://www.triangleag.com/

Click link that pops up. Should work now. Technical problem before.

Thank you, the link works now. According to the first page, I get impression that this change must be done MANUALLY at this time.

Page 4 of the link pertains to my CFX-750 using firmware Version 8.10. It appears to be extremely easy. My only fear at the moment is that my CFX-750 is not using that version. I got the CFX-750 on a used tractor. The previous owner said he hadn't updated it because it worked. I haven't updated it either. I may be forced to do that.

I believe my 750 is currently set to auto within a list. It will use the strongest in that list, 138 is in the list and 135 is not. This works fine at the moment since 138 is healthy. I believe that once 138 dies, my system will not automatically use 135 since it is not in my accepted list.

I believe the suggested change has me force my unit to use 135 only. This should work since 135 is supposedly up and healthy at this time.

It's raining here now, maybe I can try it this afternoon.

Later update: I followed the instructions in the link for the 750 and it appears to have been successful. It only required a few keystrokes. After the change, I waited for convergence which took about as long as I expected. I was then able to try auto steer in the field I did the test in yesterday and it seems fine.

I did notice my firmware is at 7.xx in the CFX-750.. Apparently there are versions 8.10 and maybe newer. Is there any reason to upgrade? I do not use Field IQ or any advanced features. It just steers the tractor off a new AB line for every field. I got so frustrated trying to use old AB lines that I don't even bother to try with the 750. I do it all the time with the Ag Leader systems I have.

Edited by tedbear 5/8/2022 15:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)