AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to get it to mix
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

cotncrzy
Posted 5/4/2022 07:56 (#9645657)
Subject: How to get it to mix

PROSPECT, TENNESSEE
Haven't saw this subject yet this year....

Every year except a few I have trouble getting Atrazine, Callisto, Dual, and Roundup to mix for my post corn spraying. The screen at the nozzle plugs after a couple tanks. I tried running without and somehow, I will still have a plugged nozzle or two, even though I use filtered water. Looking back at my notes over the years I have saw several different mixing orders, from different vendors, additives to "help" them be compatible, etc. Last year I just had a mess from the get-go. I mix in a 425-gallon sprayer, which the tank is 1/2 full of clear water, agitator running, put in defoamer, add Atrazine, 15 gallons, then Callisto 90 oz, then Dual 3.75 gallons, then The Power Max III , 7.5 gallons. In the past the Atrazine went first then Roundup, then Callisto, then Dual. Had a mess then too... I'm running 15 gpa carrier, would it help to go to 20 to get it thinner? I tried the long squirt of Dawn last year and got a bunch of white bubbles.
Dad thinks the defoamer were using is catching on the screens. I used some Callisto in the burndown this spring with dual and roundup and had the same issues as with atrazine. Plan on getting the sprayer going late next week as the Palmer Pigweed are emerging, when they get ahold of the N and this mid 80 degree weather they will be a beast quick.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)